Friday, November 22, 2013

Amazeballs

Guys. I made these blueberry muffins this week and they were seriously AMAZING! When I lived in the states I would never drift from the Krusteaz Fat-free blueberry muffin mix.  They're pretty great.  But I'm glad I live in Sweden because if I didn't, I never would have made these bad boys! They taste just like the blueberry muffins from Mimi's Cafe (that I love and miss so much).
Agh. They seriously are so good. 
YieldMakes 6 large or 12 small muffins

Ingredients
    • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for tins
    • 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    • 3 teaspoons baking powder
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 1/4 cups sugar, plus more for sprinkling
    • 1 large egg
    • 2 large egg yolks
    • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    • 1 cup milk
    • 1 3/4 cups blueberries

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter large (3 3/4 inches) or small (2 3/4 inches) muffin tins, and set aside. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
  2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg, egg yolks, and vanilla; mix until well combined. Reduce speed to low; alternate adding reserved flour mixture and milk to mixer, beginning and ending with flour. Remove bowl from mixer; gently fold in berries by hand. Divide batter among muffin tins; sprinkle generously with sugar. Bake until light golden, about 45 minutes for large muffins, about 30 minutes for small muffins. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan; transfer to wire rack, and let cool completely.
The recipe was found HERE
THANKS, MARTHA.

1 comment:

  1. Send me your e-mail! I have happy news for you :) shannan@shannanmonson.com

    ReplyDelete