Thursday, July 9, 2015

Here goes...

Ok I was called out. Someone asked me when I'm going to post all my pictures from Israel. I've been putting it off because it seems like SUCH an overwhelming task because we have SO. MANY. PICTURES. But my sister finished writing about it on her blog so I can copy her now, which lightens the load and I'm done with work for the day and the kids are sleeping so instead of unloading the dishwasher, vacuuming, folding laundry or cooking dinner, I will blog about the best week of my life.

So, I was really nervous about going. It wasn't a secret.  Everybody telling me I'm brave for going or that they wouldn't go if they were me and some just could not believe that would leave my kids (including a 9 month old baby) for 10 days to go to the middle east.  All their talk made me nervous and the Sunday before I called my parents, sobbing, and in sheer panic.  They calmed me down and I just knew if I didn't go I would regret it forever.

The night before we left I had yet another nervous breakdown and I made Eric go in to our sleeping babes and give them both blessings.  Then he gave me one.  In the blessing it said that this trip would not only bless me but the lives of my children.  It brought me the peace that I needed.
I mean, seriously. 

Day 1: Left at 6:30 am Pacific Time and drove to Eric's work where a shuttle picked us up and took us to LAX.  We were early so we bought some snacks and I got my lip waxed, because I mean, why not and then we were off.  After traveling around the world with a toddler for over a year it felt so weird to be doing it without one. Almost too easy.  And honestly, I loved every minute. I could read a book for goodness sake! That never happens.  And watch a movie! And take a nap! It was blissful.  Seriously.  Thank you bitter for making me appreciate the sweet! We had a layover (somewhere - I think i may have been delirious because I really don't remember it) and we went on to Amsterdam.
Maybe a little tired. 
We decided to make the most of this trip so we had a 10 hour layover in Amsterdam and we made the most of it.  We got waffles, walked through the streets, went to the VanGough museum and our favorite little restaurant that we ate at twice last time we came.  We were exhausted but we love adventures and we love having fun.  
Right in front of the Anne Frank house. We did that last time we were here. 
 Waiting in line at the VanGough Museum. We've obviously mastered "the selfie"
We left Amsterdam at 8pm and arrive in Tel Aviv at 3 am.  What a day. 
We grabbed a taxi outside the airport and honestly, I was terrified.  The Taxi driver didn't speak English, it was the middle of the night and we were Americans in the Middle East.  Before we got in Eric asked if he took cards because we didn't have any Israeli cash and he just pushed us in his cab so away we went.  After about a half hour he pulled up in the middle of downtown TelAviv to this dark and creepy building and he stopped.  We were confused as he told us, in his very very broken English, to go get cash.  Eric, hesitantly, got out while I waited in the car.  As I was waiting in a strange car, with a stranger, in a strange country I thought it was the end of me.  "For sure he's going to kidnap me," I thought.  I'm so dramatic.  He got cash we made it to our hotel and to this day we still don't know how much money we paid that cab driver.  Good times.  

We checked in and went to sleep for a couple hours.  Sleep by 4:45 and our wake up call came in at 6:30.  Good-freaking-morning! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a total worrier too! I ended up canceling my aunt coming to watch the kids and took them all to Vegas with us when.we went in may! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I wasn't finished commenting, blogger! A blessing is so great and I'm so glad you went!

      Delete