Sunday, December 8, 2013

Ethpana

We're trying to make the most of our time here and see as much as we can because we don't know if we'll ever be back to Europe.  
The Canary Islands is a very common vacation destination among the Swedes.  We found a great deal and knew we wanted to go somewhere for Thanksgiving.  I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to see the sun and feel its warmth.  We absolutely loved it and are so grateful for the experiences we're able to have!
Yes this is a GIANT cockroach we found in our room.  NASTY.
Shopping street in dowtown Las Palmas.
Sunday we rented a car and went to church. I LOVED it. It was so nice being in a church and understanding!!  Even though I kind of detest Spain Spanish, I loved hearing and speaking Spanish all week. 
A lot of days were cloudy but we still went to the beach to walk around (without our swimsuits of course) but Owen always, inevitably, ended up in the water. 
After church on Sunday we went and took naps and then went to downtown Las Palmas.  It was one of my favorite days.  I love Europe because I love the old buildings and the history!
The building behind Eric was Christopher Columbus' house that he would come and stay in every now and then. 
This church was built in the 1400's.  Pretty amazing. 
Owen was such a fish and would never get out of the water until we forced him kicking and screaming. He loved it.
I just liked to lay by the pool/beach and read. 
Thanksgiving day. 
He just got so wrinkly. 
He slept good with me until the stupid flight attendant woke him up. 

1 comment:

  1. You're really killing me now. Christopher Columbus? How amazing is that?

    ReplyDelete