Sunday, December 8, 2013

The North Pole

We decided to do another adventure and drive 3 hours to Northern Finland to go the North Pole to see Santa.  Its a town called Rovaniemi and in it they have Santa's Village.  

They have a little museum that shows Finnish Christmas traditions and history.  Pretty neat. 
This was a GIANT hill where you could get tubes and slide down it. It looked like a lot of fun. 
We ate some lunch. 
A giant Santa made of LEGOS. 
They had reindeer sleigh rides which I thought was amazingly cool.  
The pictures aren't great because they were taken on my phone but it was so beautiful. 
I thought this sign was so cool.  All of those pieces of wood have major cities written on them and they are pointed to the direction of the city.  Super cool.
That snowman was made of real snow and was 12+ feet high. Outside Santa's office and toyshop.
It was seriously so cold.  It was like -10 and of course got dark around 1:30 so we didn't last very long outside.  I really thought my face was going to freeze off.  They had a little slide made of ice that Owen was OBSESSED with.  I wish I could've gotten a picture of his face speeding down that slide - priceless. 

This Santa was one of the best I've seen.  I was nervous going into it, hoping he would be able to speak English and that the line wouldn't be out the door.  It was amazing.  There wasn't a line so we could take our time with him.  He spoke perfect English and was just asking us about our lives and he was so sweet with Owen.  It was such a neat experience.  

1 comment:

  1. This is really the coolest thing. I especially love the sign and the snow man and the reindeer. Okay, I love it all! How magical. And he was obviously the real Santa! So cool!

    ReplyDelete